Are you a large event organizer?
- Will your event have more than 2,000 people?
- Will your event charge an entrance fee?
- Will your event be held on public property?
If you answered YES to ANY of the previous questions, please click here to submit your event recycling plan.
Are you planning an event at a rented City Facility?
If so, please review program material and requirement here
Before the Event:
- Plan and organize your event with Zero Waste in mind!
- Choose reusable flatware, cups, plates and table coverings
- Contact food donation organizations to donate surplus food
- Review additional event greening resources below
At the Event:
- Make an announcement to your guests to recycle and compost in the appropriate bins
After the Event
- Ensure all recyclables and compostable items are placed in their proper bins. Please do not overfill bins.
- Donate Food
Download the City of Oakland Facilities Rental brochure for more information.