Information for Event Organizers
Are you a large event organizer?
- Will your event have more than 2,000 people?
- Will your event charge an entrance fee?
- Will your event be held on public property?
If you answered YES to ANY of the previous questions, please submit your event recycling plan.
Are you planning an event at a rented city facility?
If so, please review program material and requirements.
Before the Event:
- Plan and organize your event with Zero Waste in mind!
- Choose reusable flatware, cups, plates and table coverings
- Contact food donation organizations to donate surplus food
- Review additional event greening resources below
At the Event:
- Make an announcement to your guests to recycle and compost in the appropriate bins
After the Event:
- Ensure all recyclables and compostable items are placed in their proper bins. Please do not overfill bins.
- Donate Food
Download the City of Oakland Facilities Rental brochure for more information.
Food Donation Resources
Call a food pantry for hours of operations and details on accepted food:
- West Oakland food Pantry: (510) 208-5651
- New Beginning International Ministry, Inc: (510) 985-0541
- Alameda County Food Bank: (510) 635-3663 x605