Are you ready to take the pledge to compost and recycle?
Yes – take me to the online pledge!
Need help? When you click on the online pledge, you’ll be offered the chance to say, “Yes, but I need help,” and request information or tools. You’ll also be able to sign up to receive regular news, updates and tips.
Oakland Recycles is a collaboration of the City of Oakland, California Waste Solutions, Waste Management of Alameda County, Inc. and you! Our commitment to you is to provide the services and information you need to recycle right. Won’t you pledge to recycle right?
Free Bulky Item Drop Off Event
Saturday, February 6, 2016
10 am – 2 pm
Davis Street Transfer Station
2615 Davis Street, San Leandro
- Oakland residents* may drop off bulky materials for free, FOUR times a year on the first Saturday in August, November, February and May.
- Maximum materials allowed:
- Two (2) pieces of furniture, two (2) large appliances, unlimited electronics, four (4) passenger auto tires, four (4) Mattresses
- Oakland residents only. *Bring an official ID or utility bill as proof of residency.
Free Compost Giveaway Event
Saturday, October 17, 2015
9 am – 1 pm
West Oakland Library Parking Lot
1801 Adeline St, Oakland, CA
(Entrance on 19th Street, off Adeline)
- Take home a free bag* of certified organic WM EarthCare™ Homegrown Compost made from Oakland food scraps.
- Take the pledge to compost for a greener, cleaner Oakland. Receive a free kitchen pail* to collect your food scraps at home.
- *Limit of one bag and pail per household – available on a first come first serve basis. Must show proof of residency with a driver’s license or utility bill.
- Event Flyer
- Evento de entrega de composta gratuita
- Sự kiện Tặng Phân bón Miễn phí
Oakland Community Outreach Event
Saturday, September 26, 2015
9 am – 2 pm
(9 – 10 am volunteer training; 10 am – 1 pm door-to-door outreach; 1 – 2 pm lunch and debrief)
Arroyo Viejo Recreation Center*
7701 Krause Ave, Oakland, CA 94605
*Parking is available in the nearby CDC parking lot, transportation from Coliseum BART can be arranged if requested in advance.
Organized by: Northern California Recycling Association
- The Northern California Recycling Association (NCRA) is going door-to-door in Oakland’s District 6 to promote recycling and composting among Oakland multi-family residents and we need your help! Are you available to help us get the word out on August 22nd?
- We will visit apartment-dwellers in Oakland to let them know more about changes to their waste collection services that became effective July 1st. The goal of this outreach is to assist the city of Oakland in reaching Zero Waste by promoting the benefits of composting and recycling. We also hope to develop community pride, increase awareness about the new curbside compost collection program, and clarify questions about what is accepted in the recycling and compost bins.
- Volunteers should be prepared to walk up and down stairs and will likely walk 1 mile or more over the course of the day. Hats, sunscreen and water are recommended. Light refreshments in the morning and lunch will be provided as well as all other outreach materials.
- If planning to attend, please RSVP to the email address below.
To Attend: Please RSVP if you can join: 510-320-3140 or E-Mail Event Organizer.